Last week I was the snack-bringer at my small group. I don't care what the people want, it will always be something sweet. That's just how I roll.
So I found this recipe, and my oh my, are we in trouble! It was insanely delicious. Reese's are my favorite candy already, and now I know how to create the same amazing taste in my own kitchen in just over an hour? YES PLEASE. (I am forever indebted to the lovely lady at iheartnaptime.com for sharing this recipe)
Want to spoil your spouse? Make these. Did something wrong and need to ask forgiveness? Make these. Have a wife with a craving for sweets? Make these. Want to score points with your husband's friends at work? Make these. They are officially my solve-all and they will be yours too, if you just allow them to be. Talk about setting hearts on fire, baby!
Ready? Here we go.
- 1 cup salted butter (melted)
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs. Put those babies in a plastic bag and smush 'em up with a rolling pin or a can.
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla (it's okay to be a little generous with this. mmm mmm!)
- 1 (11 oz.) bag of milk chocolate chips
- Combine all ingredients, except chocolate chips, in a medium sized bowl. Stir until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Pour peanut butter mixture into a 9x13 pan
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave (at 50% power) for 1-2 minutes. Stir it up. (Mine was pretty thick in consistency but that was totally fine)
- Pour the chocolate over the peanut butter mixture
- Spread chocolate with a spatula.
- Refrigerate bars for one hour. Cut while the bars are still cool. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!